During troubleshooting we will at times request logs from the device. A way we gather logs is through Advanced UI. Here are the steps to enable Advanced UI and enable logging.
The Cylance Smart Antivirus Agent can be enabled in Advanced UI mode for additional functionality and features.
To enable Advanced UI mode, follow the steps below:
1. Disable/Exit the Agent UI
- Windows: Right-click the Agent icon (system tray), then select Exit.
- Mac OS X: Right-click the Agent icon (top menu), then select Exit.
2. Open the command prompt, then do the following:
- Change the directory to: C:\Program Files\Cylance\Desktop
- Type CylanceUI.exe -a
- Mac OS X:
- Type: sudo /Applications/Cylance/CylanceUI.app/Contents/MacOS/CylanceUI -a
Note: This is the default install path for Cylance. You may need to edit the path to match your environment accordingly.
3. The Agent UI will now appear with additional options for the user
- Logging - provides user ability to set agent logging level (Error, Warning, Information, All)
- Run a Detection - provides ability to start and stop an on-demand scan (across the entire device or within a specified folder)
- Threat Management - allows user to delete all Quarantined files within that device (currently only available on Windows)
Enable Debug Logging via Advanced UI Options
- Right-click the Agent icon.
- Select Logging > All.
- Debug logging is now enabled. Replicate the problem. If it is a connectivity issue, wait for 15 minutes to collect the connection attempts.
Collect the current day's log from:
Windows: C:\Program Files\Cylance\Desktop\log\
Mac: /Library/Application Support/Cylance/Desktop/log/
- Disable debug logging when you are done troubleshooting. Debug logs can result in a large file size. The default level is Information.