Cylance Smart Antivirus runs alongside many antivirus products without issue. The product is tested against McAfee, Symantec, and MalwareBytes prior to release, but it’s difficult to anticipate all issues that may arise. We cannot guarantee that our product will always run without issue with other existing antivirus software. Additionally, many traditional AV products consume large amounts of CPU and memory, slowing down overall system performance. Cylance Smart Antivirus was designed to have a very low impact on computer performance. At the start of the Cylance Smart Antivirus installation, there is a disclaimer/warning about compatibility issues, and we advise the user to uninstall previous AVs.
Articles in this section
- FAQ - macOS - Full Disk Access Requirements
- FAQ - How Do I Claim a Company License for Cylance Smart Antivirus?
- FAQ - VirusTotal Inquiry
- FAQ - What is Smart Antivirus and how is it used?
- FAQ - What is the difference between CylancePROTECT and Cylance Smart Antivirus?
- FAQ - Does Cylance Smart AV Perform Automatic Scans?
- FAQ - Do I Need to Delete Quarantined Files?
- FAQ - Application Compatibility Error on Mac
- FAQ - What is Offline Mode ?
- FAQ - What IP addresses does Cylance Smart AV use?