This article shows a step-by-step guide on how to install Cylance Smart AV on both Windows and macOS, respectively:
1. The first step for both Operating Systems (OS) is to visit your Cylance Smart AV Dashboard and log in with your credentials.
2. In your Dashboard homepage, under My Devices, you will see Add a Device and click it:
3. You will be redirected to the Add Devices page where you will see both Direct Download packages, in in which you will choose the appropriate one, and your Installation Token:
Note: You can also share your protection among friends and family by sending them an invite to use one of your account licenses.
Please select the appropriate OS to continue with the installation guide:
4. When you run the downloaded .EXE file, you will see the Cylance Smart Antivirus Setup window, in which you will select Install:
5. You will now see the User Account Control window, in which you will select Yes:
6. You will now be prompted for an Installation Token and can retrieve this token from your Dashboard by clicking on the green Copy Token button. After you have entered your token, you can press Next:
7. You will now be given the option to choose a folder path for the Cylance folder. You can choose to store it where you'd like, but the standard folder path option is available. After selecting that, the installation will be completed, and your device will now be protected.
8. You should check your Dashboard to confirm that your device has been added. You should also see the Cylance Icon in your system tray located in the lower-right corner of your Windows Taskbar:
4. When you run the downloaded .DMG file (which can be located in your Downloads folder), you will see a CylancePROTECT window with instructions to Double Click The Shield To Install. Do so:
5. Double-clicking the shield will bring up the following window with an explanation of determining the installation eligibility of the file. Select Continue:
6. You will now be prompted for an Installation Token and can retrieve this token from your Dashboard by clicking on the green Copy Token button. After you have entered your token, you can select Continue:
7. You will now be taken to a window that displays the file size of Cylance Smart AV. You will click Install, and if you have a root password, you will be prompted to enter it. If everything is set up correctly, you should see:
8. Your installation should now be completed, and your device will now be protected. You should check your Dashboard and confirm that your device has been added. You should also see the Cylance Icon located in the upper-right corner of your Toolbar:
IMPORTANT NOTE: Starting with the 10.13.2 update for macOS High Sierra, a new security feature requires users to approve new applications that interact with the kernel, a core part of the operating system. Cylance Smart Antivirus, like many other antivirus products, will now require additional steps to install on the latest versions of macOS. Please refer to Common Issues - Security Feature on High Sierra Version 10.13.2 and Higher for more information and steps to take.