CylancePROTECT is a full-featured enterprise product that we offer to businesses and our partners, whereas Cylance Smart Antivirus is for our home users. The main difference between PROTECT and Smart Antivirus, is that PROTECT allows more functionality such as system reports, system views, script control, and memory protection. This is because unlike a regular home user, PROTECT is for system administrators of a business to manage, monitor, and protect their systems. With the extra functionality, it gives these system administrators power over what is and what is NOT allowed on their business's systems. All of this functionality is not necessary for a home user and would make using our product complicated and hard to manage. We provide the same protection to our home users that we do for our clients, but more simplified and easier to use.
Articles in this section
- FAQ - macOS - Full Disk Access Requirements
- FAQ - How Do I Claim a Company License for Cylance Smart Antivirus?
- FAQ - VirusTotal Inquiry
- FAQ - What is Smart Antivirus and how is it used?
- FAQ - What is the difference between CylancePROTECT and Cylance Smart Antivirus?
- FAQ - Does Cylance Smart AV Perform Automatic Scans?
- FAQ - Do I Need to Delete Quarantined Files?
- FAQ - Application Compatibility Error on Mac
- FAQ - What is Offline Mode ?
- FAQ - What IP addresses does Cylance Smart AV use?