Smart Antivirus (AV) is a consumer AV released by Cylance designed for simplistic usage and running silently in the background. An AV is used to make sure that malware is scanned for and quarantined upon detection. Smart AV works by scanning Portable Executable files to prevent them from executing if they're seen as MALICIOUS. If Smart AV detects any Portable Executable files that are deemed MALICIOUS, they will be quarantined, thus, not allowing them to run.
Articles in this section
- FAQ - macOS - Full Disk Access Requirements
- FAQ - How Do I Claim a Company License for Cylance Smart Antivirus?
- FAQ - VirusTotal Inquiry
- FAQ - What is Smart Antivirus and how is it used?
- FAQ - What is the difference between CylancePROTECT and Cylance Smart Antivirus?
- FAQ - Does Cylance Smart AV Perform Automatic Scans?
- FAQ - Do I Need to Delete Quarantined Files?
- FAQ - Application Compatibility Error on Mac
- FAQ - What is Offline Mode ?
- FAQ - What IP addresses does Cylance Smart AV use?